Make a difference in a young person’s life. Our youth are highly motivated to get out of the poverty cycle, get off the streets, and find sustainable careers. A few hours a month can make huge change!
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
- Instructors for our Career Readiness Program – Most classes are two hours and you can sign up for whatever you have the time and knowledge to teach. Classes include life and job skills and range from “goal setting” to “how to dress for an interview”, to “resume writing”.
- Canvassing Team Leaders – Must be 25 or older. Duties include driving students to community canvassing sites, supervising them while going door to door, and communicating any problems to staff. Team leaders guide the Career Readiness students to educate the community about how to save money on their utility bills.
- Community Gardening– Come play in our garden and help grow vegetables and fruits for the whole community. Everyday duties include watering and weeding.
- Cleaning and Maintenance- Keep the Morningside Community Center beautiful by sweeping, mopping, arranging chairs and furniture and cleaning the kitchen.
- Administrative Help – Most of these tasks take only a few hours per month and you set your own schedule for all of them. You may volunteer for one or several.
- Graphic design – Help us create flyers, brochures, and other marketing materials.
- Video editing – Edit footage for posting on YouTube and for creating DVDs.
- Grant writing – We will identify the grant and provide you with the information on how to write it.
- Help plan events- It could be as simple as posting flyers, or it could be coordinating the entire event. Events include Ally Day, Green Tie